Supporter Alliance Meeting Minutes 12/6/2018

Another meeting has been held between the Supporter Alliance and Yeovil Town Football Club last month. As usual this is to discuss various topics with club officials and representatives of supporters groups. The minutes of the meeting have been typed below but you can also view the original PDF document sent by the club by clicking here.

Supporter Alliance Meeting Minutes
Wednesday 12th June 2018 11am


Present

Rich Rendell - Chairman

G&Ws - Rich Rendell

Glovers Trust - Stuart Burrell and Terri Burt

DSA - Sharon Swain

Junior Glovers - Marilyn Cottle

Supporter Director - David Mills

Club Secretary - Kirstie Baker

Apologies

G&Ws - Paul Hadlow

Community Trust - Sara Bradley

Bridport Glovers - Tom Burt

Cary Glovers - Rob Newport

Opening Comments Made by the Alliance Chairman

Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone to the group. Heard former Yeovil Town Legend, Chris Weller, has sadly passed away. As a group we pass on our condolences to the family. Chris was a legend, he played 218 games and 104 goals over a 6-year period between 1967-1973.

Congratulations to our GK coach Steve Phillips who was part of the Senior team that won the Senior World Cup. There were 3 ex Yeovil Town players included in the squad.

The group pass on their best wishes for the future to the 3 Yeovil Town Players who left at the end of the season – Artur Krysiak, Ryan Dickson and Nathan Smith, 3 really good professional footballers.

Previous to the meeting the Chairman of the Alliance met with Karen Tolley – Marquee Manager on Match Days – and reports that she has some good things planned and to introduce next season. It is great to see that she wants to do things for the supporters and would like to thank her for her efforts. Chairman has invited her to a future Alliance Meeting.

Approval Minutes

Minutes from the previous meeting - changes made as per feedback and Minutes agreed.

SLO - Supporter Liaison Officer Role

Suggested wording for the SLO Role was shared and agreed.

The group feel that the role is to be shared between two people as it’s a volunteer role. Action taken to advertise across the supporter base by each group and for the Club to advertise on the website, and for all to ask for nominations. All nominations and applications to be brought to the next Alliance meeting on 11th July. It was agreed that the Alliance group would decide the individual(s).

Match Day Programme

YTFC will continue to produce a match day programme but feedback from Alliance groups on content still needed.

Volunteers

JH asked for volunteers for a deep clean of the stadium. Advert to be put on website and circulated to the group for the group to obtain some volunteers.

Player Sponsorship

DM confirmed that the club are looking to update and review the packages for next season. The Club have reviewed what other clubs offer and are looking to tailor this to YTFC.

Post Season Awards

Agreed that this would be a standard item on the agenda.

At the last meeting the groups were asked for feedback on the end of season awards process and provide comments at this meeting.

Discussion held with ideas and it was decided to continue to review throughout the season.

Police Spotters

DM confirmed that the Police spotters will be attending the meeting in July as requested. JH will also send someone from the stewarding team.

Accommodation for Alliance Members at Huish Park

The DSA are due to look at a potential hut to purchase.

DM confirmed that the club are acquiring a pop-up unit for the club and Alliance to use as a promotional area. The club put this gazebo up and down on match days.

The location may be by the Junior Glover Cabin or by the ticket office or adjacent to the marquee compound dependant on match day operations.

Result to Date

Agreed it is a good idea to keep a running list, however some wording to change or items to adapt to show progression.

Playing shirts allowed in the lounges – clarification required. DM will raise.

Screens around the terrace compound – update required. DM to speak with Dave Linney on progress.

In view of these comments the current list is amended to:

• Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower price season tickets (and increase in age band from 21) for under 23s
• Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower match prices for young persons & under 16s
• Subsidised travel to Checkatrade semi-final game
• Ticket bundles for 2017/18 season to give fans some flexibility in purchasing tickets
• Extra marquee staff as due to licensing a speed bar implementation was not viable
• Introduction of Match Day hotline for service or anti-social behaviour issues.
• Tab on website for the Alliance where updates and minutes of meetings can be viewed
• In association with fan poll, chose the 2018/19 home shirt.
• Consultation regarding 2018/19 match day programme.
• Consultation regarding 2018/19 end of season awards.

Legal Representation Visit

DM confirmed that the Legal Director is happy to attend a future Alliance meeting and answer questions. It was agreed that only the official club notes can be circulated to ensure it is accurate. The groups are asked to draft questions for the Legal Director and to send into DM ahead of the next
meeting in July.

GT 10-point

Previously the GT set DM a 10-point challenge. It was agreed that the updates would be published in these minutes. DM ran through an update on current actions:

Item 1
Communicate the terms of the covenants affecting the Huish Park site, what has been done to remove these, and the impact they are having on building a permanent social club.

Latest Response
YTFC Legal Director David Lee is happy to attend a future Alliance meeting to discuss such matters.

Item 2
Explore the cost and practicalities of installing low level lighting on the path that runs between the Screwfix Stand and the traffic lights on Western Avenue. The visibility on the section leading up to the traffic lights is particularly poor.

Latest Response
A quotation is imminent, and the lights will be in situ for 2018/19 season subject to funding approval.

Item 3
Explore the practicalities of utilising vendor trays and mobile catering to sell food and drinks inside the stadium during a match.

Latest Response
The Corporate Hospitality Manager has said this is not a viable proposition as food hygiene restrictions mean that food has to be kept either hot or cold as appropriate. However, the club has been looking at an alternate system proposed by a YTFC fan which could be in place for the 2018/19 season if approved. Next meeting with the fan concerned is on 19 June.

Item 4
Ensure that all sinks in the toilet areas dispense hot water as well as cold.

Latest Response
An estimate for this work has been received and equates to just under £15,000. As an alternative it has been suggested that gel dispensers be fitted in all toilets and this option will be explored before the July Supporters Alliance meeting.

Item 5
Explore the practicalities of providing a dedicated bus link that runs from the train stations, via the town centre to the stadium.

Latest Response
A quote of £480 per game has been received for service between the Town Centre, Yeovil Junction, Yeovil Pen Mill and Huish Park. The service consists of a single bus running one trip to the ground before a game and the reverse trip after. As an alternative it has been suggested that the option is explored to extend existing bus services and this option will be explored before the July Supporters Alliance meeting.

Item 6
Create a designated area for supporters to lead chants and use flags and instruments on the terrace to enhance the atmosphere during matches.

Latest Response
It is confirmed that these activities are permitted. Club to communicate options for fans better before league season starts.

Item 7
Implement regular and varied entertainment at half-time, primarily aimed at children and younger supporters. Examples could include a crossbar challenge, beat the goalie competition wacky challenges, or anything else that will keep people entertained.

Latest Response
A special meeting has been held with the community sports trust regarding this and matchday activity generally and they have indicated they are prepared to develop pilot promotions of this type during 10 matches to be identified. MC suggested having a trickster to entertain at half time as a variety of entertainment at some games and offered that the Junior Glovers to pay for this.

Item 8
Explore the practicality of implementing a prize draw whereby attending supporters could win an upgrade from a normal matchday seat to a box/executive seat for the next match.

Latest Response
This is already in the pipeline as part of a strategy to drive programme sales.

Item 9
Explore the practicality of implementing a half-time prize draw whereby younger supporters can win an opportunity to meet the playing squad following a match.

Latest Response
Need to revisit the set up of this as not practical to meet after the game. Junior Glovers could run a competition. Another suggestion is to have a draw once a month in the marquee, the money raised would be split between a chosen charity and the club. The winner received a signed shirt and will have a meet and greet with this player at the next home game.

Item 10
Give supporters an input into the music which the team walk out to, perhaps inviting fans to vote from shortlist drawn up by the playing staff for the tune to be played ahead of the next match.

Latest Response
The club are happy to look at this for next season and there will be an update in the July Supporters Alliance meeting.

AOB

Club requested the Alliance Groups to nominate experts to provide consultation with the Club to improve the match day experience. The Club have received two nominations from the Terri Burt and Brendan O'Connell. Agreed individuals nominated should contact DM.

RN requested an update on the Memorial Wall. The idea is to be revisited within the Club and update given at the next meeting.

The Chairman passed comment that all should note the concerts were a good success for the Club and that praise should be given to the club when something like this is done well.

Date of Next Meeting

Tuesday 10th July 11am

Actions

➢ KB to publish the SLO role description to the groups. Groups to circulate to members and Club to put on the website.
➢ JH to put advert on website for volunteers for deep clean of the Stadium and Groups to push for volunteers.
➢ Memorial wall to continue discussion in Club
➢ DM to gain clarification on shirts being permitted in the lounges.
➢ DM to gain updated on the wrap around the Thatcher’s fence.
➢ Groups to gather questions for DL on Legal points and send into DM before the next meeting.
➢ GT 10-point challenge – see above section for actions

Next Fixture

Solihull Moors v Yeovil Town

Date: 21/09/2019
Competition: National League
Venue: Damson Park
Kick Off: 15:00

Latest Result

Yeovil Town

3-2

AFC Fylde


Possession

47

%

53


Shots

12

v

11


Shots on Target

7

v

7


Corners

6

v

7

Attendance: 2,395 (50 from AFC Fylde)

National League Table

Last Updated: 18/09/2019

Pos
Team
Pld
GD
Pts

1
Woking
11
+10
24

2
Bromley
11
+7
23

3
Halifax Town
11
+8
22

4
Yeovil Town
11
+8
19

5
Barnet
10
+5
19

6
Dagenham & Redbridge
11
+1
18

7
Maidenhead United
11
+6
17

8
Dover Athletic
11
+1
17

9
Stockport County
11
+1
17

10
Torquay United
11
-1
15

11
Hartlepool United
11
-2
15

12
Solihull Moors
10
+3
14

13
Notts County
11
+3
14

14
Barrow
11
-1
13

15
Eastleigh
11
-2
13

16
Boreham Wood
11
+1
12

17
Sutton United
11
-2
12

18
Harrogate Town
11
-3
12

19
Wrexham
10
-2
11

20
Aldershot Town
10
-5
11

21
AFC Fylde
10
-6
10

22
Chesterfield
11
-5
8

23
Chorley
11
-13
8

24
Ebbsfleet United
11
-9
7