Supporter Alliance Meeting Minutes 8/8/2018

Another meeting has been held between the Supporter Alliance and Yeovil Town Football Club last month. As usual this is to discuss various topics with club officials and representatives of supporters groups. The minutes of the meeting have been typed below but you can also view the original PDF document sent by the club by clicking here.

Supporter Alliance Meeting Agenda
Wednesday 8 August 2018 at 6pm
Venue: First Floor, Huish Park, YTFC

Present:
Rich Rendell - Chairman
Sara Bradley - Community Sports Trust
Marilyn Cottle - Junior Glovers
Stuart Burrell - Glovers Trust
Simon Brimble - Glovers Trust
Paul Hadlow - G&W
David Mills - YTFC
Kirstie Baker - YTFC


• Opening comments by the Alliance Chairman

RR thanked the club for the customer service recently given to young season ticket holder whose card was destroyed (full details not disclosed), the ticket office was quick to respond and ensure that the young child’s situation was resolved efficiently and quickly minimising upset. The Alliance wish good luck and thanks to all the players that have left the Club at the end of the season and welcome those that have joined, signing new contracts and loan agreements.

• Apologies

Tom Burt – Bridport Glovers
Rob Newport – Cary Glovers

• Approval of minutes and matters arising

Minutes approved from the July meeting and will be circulated after the meeting for groups to publish to their members.

All actions from previous meeting completed.

Re-confirmed that all groups were happy with the current process of agreeing the previous minutes in the next meeting and issuing immediately afterwards. Agreed that no content will be mentioned until minutes have been agreed, unless actions have been given within the meeting.

• SLO role

Letters to be given to the two nominated candidates for consideration of the role.

Discussed that the role profile may need to be reviewed and look more towards volunteers on a match day. Most areas discussed is already covered by volunteers on a match day however perhaps this is not highlighted or acknowledged. The Club still require an SLO in place to be that point of contact that is not a paid employee of the club. Agreed to wait for the nominated individuals to reply and then review.

• Match day programme amendments discussion

The match day programme is continuing to be printed. Cost remains at £3 for Saturday fixture however reduced to £2 for evening games with reduced content.

• Stadium maintenance update

See other agenda items and the 10-point challenge.

• Volunteers to help club practically over the summer

The advert for the clean-up was publicised. To date, we have 5 volunteers that have been in/scheduled to come in to help cleaning. Lunch refreshments have been provided to all those. A photo and thanks to follow upon completion.

• Player sponsorship

There has been an improvement made to the sponsorship package. The deal now includes:

Personalized thank you letter from the player

Opportunity to have the shirt presented from the player, to the sponsor, at the end of the season.

There is also a choice for a lower cost option to sponsor Academy players.

Suggestion made by the group that the player to attend at least 2 player appearances throughout the season as part of the package deal.

• Post season awards consultation

To remain on agenda. No further discussion in this meeting.

• Accommodation for Alliance members at Huish Park

The gazebo is now in place for the group to use. It was agreed that the Alliance members are to communicate between themselves who is to use it on a match day and update the club ahead of each match day if they would like it in place.

The G&Ws and JGs have their own space.

The Community Trust will use it on the take-over days and will eventually have a match day base within the JG Cabin.

DSA will use from time to time but are still planning on having a permanent home.

Glovers Trust keen to use most match days as currently there is no permanent base.

Bridport and Cary to advise if they would use it.

• Results of the Alliance to date

There were no changes to the existing list

• Update on potential Legal briefing

List of 12 questions agreed in this meeting. DM to liaise with DL

DL is on leave at the date of the next meeting therefore will be involved to the meeting in October.


• Glovers Trust 10-point challenge update

Low Level Lighitng

JH has chased events crew for a price. He has researched in other places and each tower light is in region of £3500-£4000 for a decent unit. Ideally, we would have two units but could make do with one initially.

Confirm we can hire the lighting however for the cost it is worth the Club purchasing for the future. At present we can rent when its required.

Hot Water

JH confirmed that gel dispensers have arrived and will be installed before the first league fixture.

Memorial Wall

JH confirmed that this is still to be looked into.

Flags and banners and drums

PH in touch with drum player and the individual has since been back to Huish Park which has improved the atmosphere at games.

Confirmed to the meeting that away supporters are welcome to bring their drum/musical instruments however only if using their terrace allocation. When the Club have previous permitted this in the seated area in causes upset among home fans.

Half time entertainment

It was discussed the potential planned take-over fixtures by the Community Trust on match days and their ideas. The community are increasing their presence on a match day and organising some excellent activities at the stadium and on the 3G ahead of games as well as at half time. A programme is currently being put together with the Club and the Community and will be available for discussion at the next meeting. They will have a match day office to coordinate their activities and their programmes, situated by the JG cabin.

MC to investigate cost of trickster and availability of gymnastics for half time.

• AOB
Memberships

The Alliance head into the new season representing at least 766 supporters of Yeovil Town FC. (Note that some members will sign up for more that one group). Current members are (groups in alphabetical order):

Bridport Glovers - 50
Cary Glovers - 85
DSA - 86
Glovers Trust - 92
G&W - 160
Junior Glovers - 293
YTCST - The Community Trust work with, and represent a number of
groups of children and supporters, with the volume of those
involved changing on a weekly basis therefore a definite
number cannot be given.

Season tickets in the shop

Clarification needed in regard to season ticket holder discount in the club shop as there appears to be an unnecessary level of scrutiny to establish that a season ticket being used to obtain a discount belongs to the individual, which can impact the customer experience when buying goods from the shop. A recent example - a season ticket holder cannot visit the shop in the opening hours in the week, and its not always possible on a match day ahead of kick off. The season ticket holder asked a family member to visit the shop and make a purchase on her behalf. In doing so the family member was questioned as to whose season ticket it belonged too and once the story was explained the club initially refused the discount as the season ticket holder wasn’t present. After persistence from the customer the discount was given however the customer was made to feel that the Club had done a massive favour and bent rules, when it is felt that there shouldn’t have been an issue at all with giving the discount, especially given the circumstances. It was suggested that scrutinizing the season tickets could be counterproductive and could lead to improved customer experience and shop sales if the season ticket discount could be used beyond the holder (as is the case with match attendance). It was agreed that if the lenience was being heavily abused then the Club were well within their rights to refuse the discount but generally this was not felt to be the case. Clarification is also required on discount with Junior season tickets – is this only valid for purchasing junior items and for the junior season ticket holder only, or can that discount be used on any purchase?

Walking football

It was asked if the football club were looking at launching a walking football team aimed at over 50's as there was a successful local team that had expressed an interest. DM commented that he was aware that this was something that was being explored by through the Community Trust and would explore the current position.

• Date of next meeting

12pm on Wednesday 12th September 2018

Next Fixture

teamlogo

Yeovil Town v Dover Athletic

Date: 16/11/2019
Competition: National League
Venue: Huish Park
Kick Off: 17:20

Latest Result

Yeovil Town

1-1

Boreham Wood

Attendance: 2,873 (33 from Boreham Wood)

National League Table

Last Updated: 02/11/2019

Pos
Team
Pld
GD
Pts

1
Bromley
20
+10
36

2
Yeovil Town
19
+11
35

3
Halifax Town
20
+4
35

4
Barrow
19
+10
34

5
Torquay United
20
+8
34

6
Harrogate Town
20
+3
32

7
Notts County
20
+12
31

8
Woking
20
+4
31

9
Solihull Moors
19
+8
30

10
Barnet
20
+1
28

11
Eastleigh
20
-1
28

12
Dover Athletic
19
-1
28

13
Hartlepool United
19
+1
27

14
Dagenham & Redbridge
19
-1
27

15
Boreham Wood
20
+4
26

16
Maidenhead United
20
+1
25

17
Stockport County
19
-9
25

18
Chesterfield
19
-5
22

19
Aldershot Town
20
-5
22

20
AFC Fylde
19
-10
21

21
Wrexham
20
-7
19

22
Ebbsfleet United
20
-10
17

23
Sutton United
19
-7
16

24
Chorley
20
-21
13