Supporter Alliance Meeting Minutes 15.5.2019

The Supporter Alliance has held another meeting last month to discuss various topics with club officials and representatives of individual supporters groups. The full minutes of the meeting has been typed below but you can also view the original PDF document by clicking here.

Supporter Alliance Meeting Agenda
Wednesday 15 May 2019 at 3pm
Venue: Fleetwood Suite, Yeovil Town FC

Present:
RR - Rich Rendell - Chairman
PH - Paul Hadlow - G&Ws
TBurt - Terri Burt - Glovers Trust
SBurrell - Stuart Burrell - Glovers Trust
SS - Sharon Swain - DSA
SW - Simon Woodland - DSA
PA - Paul Adams - Bridport Glovers
TB - Tom Burt - Bridport Glovers
AR - Andy Richardson - Bridport Glovers
Kirstie Baker - YTFC
DM - David Mills - YTFC


• Welcome by the Alliance Chairman.

Sad news this week that Alan Skirton has passed away. He was a fantastic Club Servant with over 100 appearances for Arsenal. He will be missed and always remembered within the Club. Condolences to Alan’s family.

RR reflected all fans views that it was with huge disappointment that the club had been relegated to the National League after 16 fantastic years in the Football League. RR said this disappointment was magnified as it was probably avoidable a fact RR would build on via AOB.

• Apologies

MC – Marilyn Cottle - Junior Glovers
SBradley – Sara Bradley - Community Trust
RN - Rob Newport - Cary Glovers

• Stadium update.

No updates.

• 2019/2020 shirts update.

Voting completed and final design has been chosen. The voting process was completed online with double the number of fans voting compared to last year. Production will continue with TAG. DM confirmed that the Club have consulted with individuals who raised an issue with design and colour blindness, and that their feedback was discussed with TAG and considered. The feedback from the fans was that the designs had improved but perhaps more could be done in coming seasons.

• Season tickets 2019/20 update.

STs to launch next Monday (20th May).

There will be price flattening across the seated sections and reductions in price for adults and seniors, which are reasonable within the league.

The lounge packages will not form part of the announcement as they will be confirmed in June.

Confirmed that the price reduction before midday on match day remains.

RR – questioned if the Club are concerned with purchases of ST and many will not
purchase without being aware of the Manager.

• Results of the Alliance to date.

See over

• AOB

DM read a statement due to be released at 4pm regarding general update of YTFC. (Refer to website for the story).

PH questioned why Mr Couhig pulled out of the takeover as no-one knows the reason. He questioned if Mark Palmer was still present at YTFC. DM confirmed that he understood that there were confidentiality restrictions that applied so the club could not give out information on the details of the deal or why it may have collapsed. DM confirmed that MP has not been present at the Club since the announcement of the sale falling through.

PH - It is felt by supporters that the Board are content with the position/relegation. DM guaranteed the group that this is incorrect all at the club, including the Board, were very upset about relegation. DM said he personally was sorry and like everyone at the club he took part of the responsibility for a very disappointing season. DM did say however that there was a determination to rebuild win matches and give back what the fans deserve.

PH has concerns due to the uncertainty with the match day volunteers from the G&Ws as no one is aware of the plan for next season. DM confirmed that the volunteers will be needed. The G&W group will meet with the Club to discuss match day staffing and activities.

TBurt and SBurrell from the Glovers Trust had prepared questions. DM provided the following responses –

1. When the takeover was announced in February it said that terms had been agreed, however recent announcement said terms could not be agreed, this appears to be a contradiction. DM responded by saying that he understood that although outline terms had been agreed in February the deal had collapse because of more detailed points that had developed since. Also, the proposed take-over had never received full EFL approval so that could be taken as sign of the complex nature of the deal.

2. This question was re new investors which was answered by the press statement mentioned above.

3. Concerns with the timescales on completions for any takeover. DM confirmed that there is no defined time however any new takeover deal would be dealt with asap.

4. Media interviews – it was questioned why NH and JRF are not in the public eye as fans are looking for leadership and transparency. DM confirmed that NH prefers to remain in the background, despite his very strong support of the club. JRF feels that interviews with him are counterproductive for the club as the interviewers often pursue a negative line of questioning but JRF has been involved in (and has approved) all recent club statements.

SW – Had been recently told that only a trained person can operate the lift therefore you have to wait for a certain individual to be present when the lift needs operating. KB to take forward and refer to the group with findings.

TB – Concerns that no one knows what is happening with a takeover and for the Managers position. DM confirmed that there are other interested parties that are serious contenders, which are being reviewed. Along with potential Managers being approached.

PH – questioned if it is true that Mr Couhig put money into the club in January to make the player signing in January possible. DM said that was unaware that was the case.

TBurt – What are the plans to make more revenue in the shop and hospitality? DM confirmed that with relegation it was even more important than usual that these areas of the club developed better income streams, and this was under review.

RR read out a statement he wanted the YTFC Board members to receive and consider at the next Board meeting. RR to send statement to DM to present at the next YTFC Board meeting. The supporters groups present supported RR’s suggestion.

• Date of next meeting.

TBC

• Actions:
➢ DM to confirm the England games on 6/9th June will be shown at Huish Park. Also, to consider opening for the Champions League Final.

➢ JH/CR to confirm the ruling for the lift whether this needs to be manned by a trained person only.

➢ DM to present RR comments to next YTFC Board meeting and request their thoughts and feedback.

Results of the Alliance to date
• Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower price season tickets (and increase in age band from 21) for under 23s
• Alliance suggestion adopted by the club for lower match prices for young persons & under 16s
• Subsidised travel to Checkatrade 2018 semi-final game
• Ticket bundles introduced for 17/18 season to give fans some flexibility in purchasing tickets.
• Ticket bundles reintroduced for 2018/19 season at request of Alliance
• Extra marquee staff as due to licensing a speed bar implementation was not viable
• Introduction of Match Day hotline for service or anti-social behavior issues.
• Tab on website for the Alliance where updates and minutes of meetings can be viewed
• In association with fan poll, chose the 2018/19 home shirt.
• Consultation regarding 2018/19 match day programme.
• Consultation regarding 2018/19 end of season awards.
• Arranged meeting to address legal queries.
• Met with prospective investors.
• Peter Couhig and Mark Palmer attended March meeting

Next Fixture

teamlogo

Yeovil Town v Dover Athletic

Date: 16/11/2019
Competition: National League
Venue: Huish Park
Kick Off: 17:20

Latest Result

Yeovil Town

1-1

Boreham Wood

Attendance: 2,873 (33 from Boreham Wood)

National League Table

Last Updated: 02/11/2019

Pos
Team
Pld
GD
Pts

1
Bromley
20
+10
36

2
Yeovil Town
19
+11
35

3
Halifax Town
20
+4
35

4
Barrow
19
+10
34

5
Torquay United
20
+8
34

6
Harrogate Town
20
+3
32

7
Notts County
20
+12
31

8
Woking
20
+4
31

9
Solihull Moors
19
+8
30

10
Barnet
20
+1
28

11
Eastleigh
20
-1
28

12
Dover Athletic
19
-1
28

13
Hartlepool United
19
+1
27

14
Dagenham & Redbridge
19
-1
27

15
Boreham Wood
20
+4
26

16
Maidenhead United
20
+1
25

17
Stockport County
19
-9
25

18
Chesterfield
19
-5
22

19
Aldershot Town
20
-5
22

20
AFC Fylde
19
-10
21

21
Wrexham
20
-7
19

22
Ebbsfleet United
20
-10
17

23
Sutton United
19
-7
16

24
Chorley
20
-21
13